The Settings Portal allows IT staff to manage and view status details for all devices in a school or district. The portal also allows administrators to create, delete and manage users and classes.
- Note: School/district changes are automatically updated when your student information system (SIS) syncs with Clever, however, admins are also able to make manual changes. The sync with Clever is one way. Once a change is made in your SIS and your SIS has synced with Clever, that change is then reflected in ClassHub. However, when a change is made in ClassHub, that change is not reflected in your SIS after a Clever sync.
To access the Settings Portal, visit https://app.classhub.com/, click “Log in with Clever” and then click “District Admin Login” in the bottom right corner.Log in to ClassHub with your district admin account and click the settings gear in the top right corner to access the portal.
The Classes section allows you to access all classes within your school or district. In this area you can manually add, modify or delete classes.
- Note: We recommend making any class edits, additions or deletions in your school’s SIS and not in ClassHub. This helps avoid duplicates. To find an existing class, enter the class name in the search bar at the top.
To manually add a class, click on the “Add Class” icon and complete the necessary fields. Once you’re finished, click “Create.” See Edit Class field descriptions.
To delete a class, click on the class you wish to delete. Click “Delete.”A dialogue box will appear confirming you want to take this action.
To edit a class, click on the class you want to modify and make the necessary changes. Be sure to click save when you have finished, otherwise changes will not be made.
- Teachers: Defines who teaches the class. See the Teachers page for more information.
- Students: Defines the students assigned to a class. See the Students page for more information.
- Class Name: The name of the class displayed in the Classroom Manager and student applications.
- Nickname: Class Nickname is a custom field located in the "My Class Settings" section of the Class Manager in ClassHub Teacher. Educators are able to set a custom name for each of their classes. If one is set, it will be viewable here in the Class name section. An admin cannot change the nickname that a teacher has created.
- Mirroring Receiver: Allows you to choose where student screens are shared to when requested.
- Class Type: Defines how the class operates and utilizes technology.
- Device Group(s): Device Groups define the sets of devices a class uses.If a class is one-to-one, typically this option is not needed. See theDevice Groups page for more information.
- School: Defines which school in a district a class belongs to.
Defines who teaches the class. When a teacher is added to a class, this class will appear in the list of available classes in the teacher’s Classroom Manger.A class can have more than one teacher user.
To add a teacher, click “Add Teacher,” select the correct teacher from the list and click “Add.” You can search for teachers by name or email.
- Note: Admin users can be added to classes as a Teacher user through the same process.
To delete a teacher, click the “x” at the top right corner of the teacher’s name.A dialogue box will appear confirming you wish to perform this action and advising the teacher will be immediately removed from the class even if the class is active.
Defines the students assigned to a class.
To add an existing student to a class, click “Add Students,” select the correct student from the list and click “add.” You can search for students by name or email.
- Note: Admin and Teacher users can be added to classes as a Student user through the same process.
To remove a student from a class, click the “x” at the top right corner of the student’s name. A dialogue box will appear confirming you wish to perform this action and advising the student will be immediately removed from the class even if the class is active.
Allows you to choose where student screens are shared to when requested.When using ClassHub, this will always be the teacher’s computer by default.If you would like to mirror to a different receiver, such as an Apple TV or Chrome cast, you will need to set up a mirroring endpoint. To set up a mirroring endpoint, click “Set up,” complete the fields and click “Save.
”Device GroupsDevice Groups define the sets of devices a class uses. If a class is one-to-one, typically this option is not needed. See Device Groups in the Devices section for more information.
The Devices section allows you to manage all devices within a school or district. From this area, you can also create device groups for individual devices to be assigned to.
To add a device to ClassHub, go to https://app.classhub.com/enroll, and enter the device enrollment code that can be found in the District tab in theSettings Portal. For more information on enrolling a group or individual devices, see the device enrollment instructions sent from your deployment specialist.
Clicking on a specific device gives you device information and allows you to assign or remove a user from a device. Assigning a user to a device allows automatic authentication on the device without prompting the student to sign in. This applies only to one-to-one device situations.
Device Groups allow you to assign devices to a group based on how they are used. By default, devices are assigned to a one-to-one group. If your school utilizes shared devices such as carts or labs, you will need to set up a shared device group. In one-to-one environments, users are pinned to devices, however when devices are shared, users are logged out of ClassHub at the end of a session so the next user is able to log in. You can create device groups and assign group names for each class, cart or lab. If a class utilizes a mix of cart or lab devices, multiple device groups can be assigned to that class.
When a teacher starts class, he or she can select the group of devices that will be used (see image below). If a class only uses one group of devices, this becomes the default for the class and is automatically selected when class is started. Device groups are defined under the Devices area in the Settings Portal.
Add Device Group
Click on “Add Device Group” and enter the device group name. Select the device type. One-to-one devices are associated with a single student and Shared devices are shared between multiple students. When you have finished, click “Save.”
Click on the device group, edit the name or devices associated with the group and click “Save.” You are also able to delete specific devices from a group here. To add an unpinned device to the Shared device group, click on "Add Device". Search for the device by name and click "Move to this group". Save changes.
Assigning Device Groups
Device groups can be assigned to specific classes by navigating to the class in the Classes tab and selecting the appropriate device group(s).
Delete Device Group
Click on the device group and click “Delete.” A dialogue box will appear confirming you wish to take this action.
Configurations, Targets and DEP
Configurations, Targets and DEP are all Apple-specific features. Read the MDM Enrollment guide for more information on these settings.
The Users section allows you to manage the users for your district or school.Users are based on their roles as defined in Clever and access is allowed to different parts of ClassHub based on this role. Users assume roles based on the how they log in, assuming they have the proper level of access. For example, if an Admin logs in to the student application, they will assume a student role and will not have access to the Settings Portal. This allows administrators and teachers to sign in to see how things work from a different perspective.
Users signed in to the ClassHub student companion application with no access to the Class Manager or Settings Portal. Students access ClassHub through the student companion app on their device.
Users with access to the Classroom Manager and the ability to view (not edit)class and student information. Teachers should log in through the ClassHubTeacher application on their device.
Users with administrative privileges who can manage all the users and classes for their schools in the Settings Portal. School Admins should log in to the Settings Portal through https://app.classhub.com/.
Users with administrative privileges who can manage all the users, classes and schools for the district in the Settings Portal. District Admins should login to the Settings Portal through https://app.classhub.com/.
Click on the type of user you wish to add, edit or delete. We recommend making any user edits, additions or deletions in your school’s SIS and not inClassHub to help avoid duplications.
Click “Add,” fill in the required fields and click “Save.
- ”Note: If you are a Clever district or school, new students must be added from the school’s SIS and not from within ClassHub.
Click “Edit” next to the user, make desired edits and click “Save.
”Click “Delete” next to the user’s name. A dialogue box will appear confirming you wish to take this action.
The Schools section allows you to manage the schools within your district.From this area you can add, delete and edit schools, including school days of the week and the start and end time.
From this area, you are also able to stop all classes within a school.Simply click on a school and click “Stop All Classes."
To add a school, click “Add School” and complete the necessary fields.Once you have finished, click “Save.” See Edit School for field descriptions.
To delete a school, click on the School and click “Delete.” A dialogue box will appear confirming you wish to take this action.
To edit a school, simply click on the school you wish to modify and make the necessary changes. Be sure to click “Save” when you have finished, otherwise changes will not be applied.
- School Name: The display name of the school shown to users.
- School Day Begin/End: Defines the start and stop time of the school day and prevents accidental or unauthorized control of devices outside of normal school hours. Note: The 24-hour clock must be used for PM times.
- School Days: The days of the week a school is active.
The District section allows you to edit information for your district and view enrollment and Clever information.
From this section, you are also able to stop all classes in the entire district by clicking Stop All Classes.
- District name: The name of your district
- Time zone: The time zone your district is in
The enrollment code to use when enrolling devices for your district.
Confirms that Clever is linked and provides information about the time of the last sync.
The Billing section provides you with your account information including then umber of devices purchased and the number of devices currently enrolled.Payment is not accepted through the Billing area.