Windows 7 (Service pack 1 or newer), 8 or 10
ClassHub is not compatible with Windows 10 S or Windows 10 S Mode
Chrome OS 54 or higher
macOS 10.12 (only to September 2019) and later
iPad Air, iPad 5th generation and later
iOS 11 and later
iPads will need to be on the ClassHub MDM only.
AirPlay applications use a direct connection method through the local network. ClassHub Teacher takes a direct connection from iOS devices, Chromebooks, Android devices, AirPlay-enabled Mac computers and AirParrot-equipped computers.
Apple’s AirPlay typically cannot cross subnets/VLANs natively. This is an AirPlay limitation. The listed ports must be open for communication within each subnet that will be used by ClassHub, as well as open for communication between subnets, if your network has multiple segments.
At a minimum, the following URLs should be whitelisted on port 80 and 443 TCP:
For best results we recommend whitelisting all traffic on all ports to:
- 802.11n may work acceptably in some environments but schools are likely to see latency and other bandwidth related issues with mirroring and screen peeks.We strongly recommend the teacher’s devices be connected by ethernet cable.
- tcp > port 5353 - AirPlay mDNS broadcasts
- udp > port 5353 - AirPlay mDNS broadcasts
- udp > port - 1900 - Google Cast SSDP broadcast
- tcp > port 8008 - Google Cast SSDP queries
- tcp > port 8009 - Google Cast control connections
- tcp > port - 7250 - Miracast broadcasts (Reflector Windows only)
- tcp > port - 7000 - AirPlay control connections
- tcp > port - 7100 - AirPlay Screen mirroring connections
- tcp > port - 7200 - Reflector Director connections
- tcp > port - 7300 - Reflector Student connections
- tcp > port - 15334 - Screen Peek monitoring of students
- tcp > port - 47000 - Audio connection negotiations
- tcp > port - 0-65535 - Dynamic port starting point can be set inRF (starting point configured in Settings audio connections)
- udp > port - 0-65535 - Dynamic port range (starting point configured in Settings) audio connections
- tcp > port - 55200 - Squirrels Streaming Connections